Delicious Baked chocolate donuts with chocolate layers are a perfect meal for breakfast or dessert. This toasted donut has a rich chocolate flavor and cake texture. Get the most out of this delicious donut in less than 30 minutes.
Have you ever tried a donut in the oven? They’re delicious. They are different from traditional donuts and have a cakey texture. I put this delicious snack into a quick chocolate layer.
How is grilled donuts different from high donuts? Toast is made by making dough by adding baking soda to the yeast. The mixture is poured into a donut pan and cooked.
The raised donuts are made with a mixture of pressed yeast and the dough must have time to rise. The dough is then rolled and cut into donuts. Raised donuts are usually fried. Find out this recipe for donuts.
Another type of donut is cake donuts such as cinnamon sugar donuts. The donut of this cake does not use yeast, but requires the dough and frying donuts. I made this roasted donut with this mini powdered sugar and cider fritter.
When to eat donuts You can eat donuts anytime of the day! I like to eat donuts with a cup of coffee in the morning, but when I make donuts at home, we usually eat them as snacks or desserts for lunch. There’s never a bad time to eat donuts!
How to make baked donuts
- Combine dry ingredients
- In a different bowl, combine wet ingredients
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients
- Spoon batter into lightly greased donut pans
- Allow donuts to cool
- Dip in glaze and add sprinkles
How to make glaze
- Mix powdered sugar with unsweetened cocoa powder
- Add milk and stir until smooth
- Add additional milk if mixture becomes too thick
Toppings for donuts
Adding a topping to a donut is totally optional. I’ve added them because I think they add an additional fun element. Plus they look more like a bakery donut to me. Some options for sprinkling on top of glazed donuts include:
- Colored sprinkles or nonparalis
- Colored confetti sprinkles
- Chocolate Jimmies
- Shredded sweetened coconut
- Slivered almonds
- Coarse sugar
- Chopped nuts
To add the toppings, first dip donuts in glaze allowing excess glaze to drip off donut. Place donut on a baking rack sitting over a baking sheet to catch the drips. Sprinkle toppings on each donut right away. Once the glaze sets up, the toppings will no longer stick.
If not adding a glaze, you can also top donuts with a dusting of powdered sugar.
These donuts are best eaten the same day they are baked. But that’s not a problem, because these are easy to make and they will disappear quickly.
Tips for making donuts
- Make certain oven is preheated
- Use a nonstick cooking spray to grease donut pan
- Spoon batter into donut pan.
- Allow donuts to cool slightly in pan for a few minutes, then remove from pan and continue cooling on a baking rack.
- Make certain donuts are fully cooled before adding glaze
- If adding sprinkles, add before glaze sets up